We are All in This Together...Spectrum Plastics' Response to COVID-19 -- UPDATE
Click here for an official copy of this notice.
5 June 2020
Dear Valued Partner,
It has been a few months since the pandemic crisis engulfed our society, our economy, and our industry and we would like to update you how Spectrum Plastics Group (SPG) has been performing and addressing the situation.
Internally, early in this crisis, we created a COVID Response Team (CRT) to advance SPG’s response. Aligned with company leadership, the CRT has developed a comprehensive action plan for business continuity and preparedness in accordance with guidance from various institutions, both local and global, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We have diligently sustained protective measures across our global operations for our products, our customers, and our people.
These measures, some new or recent and others ongoing, include the following:
- Providing comprehensive health and personal protection policies at all facilities, including temperature checks, facility interior re-design and guidelines to enable social distancing, and personal protection equipment (notably facemasks for all employees)
- Monitoring supply chain continuity & risk – which at present, remains low risk to disruption
- Restricting business travel for all employees through June, and issuing restrictions related to SPG facility visits and guidelines to employees concerning their personal travel
- Aggressive housekeeping, hygiene, cleaning and disinfection procedures, including protocols to address a potential positive test case or exposure risk in one of our facilities
Thankfully, our business has remained sound throughout this crisis and SPG has serviced its customers and markets with the same dedication to quality and execution as ever. We believe that while some country, state, and local governments begin to reopen and attempt a return to normalcy, SPG must remain even more vigilant in its policies and procedures to maintain the integrity of our manufacturing operations and the safety of our employees.
Should you ever have any question or concern regarding your relationship with Spectrum Plastics Group or how we are confronting any issue whatsoever in this unique environment, please reach out to your account representative or customary point of contact and we will respond promptly. As always, we will inform you of any change or updates.
Chief Executive Officer
Alpharetta, GA - 19 March 2020 - In concert with our global society, Spectrum Plastics Group (SPG) is closely monitoring information on the spread of COVID-19 and taking proactive measures to ensure that the needs of our customers, our employees and our communities are met. SPG is developing appropriate action plans for business continuity in accordance with guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are implementing protective measures globally for our products, our customers, our people and to mitigate the spread of this virus.
Spectrum Plastics Group is a critical supplier to the Medical, Food and Defense Industries. Our facilities around the world operate in the supply chain that keeps our society healthy, nourished and protected. In these unprecedented times, several local, state and national authorities are imposing shelter in place and lockdown orders. However, due to the criticality of the product supply chains we support, SPG will continue to operate our facilities in order to provide products required to address the needs of our communities.
As a precautionary measure, until further notice we are suspending all customer visits to our facilities. SPG will promote the use of video and web conferencing tools as an alternative. Further, SPG has suspended all employee travel and implemented quarantine procedures pursuant to recommended guidelines.
SPG will also continue to evaluate risk to our raw materials, supply chain, and internal manufacturing processes with updates provided as necessary.
Raw Material and Supply Chain details:
- Our reviews have determined at this time a low risk to supply chain disruption due to COVID-19.
- We are in constant communication with our raw material vendors and thus far we have seen no supply disruptions reported. We are watching the situation closely with vendors and we will notify any change in risk.
Communicable Disease Policy and Facility details:
- SPG has implemented local procedures to minimize exposure to communicable disease at our offices and manufacturing plants, including thorough hygiene practices. Moreover, all group meetings and training events have been postponed or cancelled at this time. We have advised employees to monitor their personal travel, and for those who feel ill to self-quarantine and take the appropriate safety measures.
- SPG has instituted tightened cleaning and disinfection procedures and frequency for all facilities.
The integrity of our manufacturing facilities is our number one priority and we will remain vigilant with the evolving environment. We will inform you of any change and plan to publish for your benefit periodic updates. Please do not hesitate to contact a Spectrum Plastics representative with any further questions or concerns.
About Spectrum Plastics Group
Based in Alpharetta, Georgia with multiple plants across the United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Ireland and Malaysia, Spectrum Plastics Group is a North American leader in the design and fabrication of custom and specialty plastics products focusing on niche, high value-added end markets, including medical, food and defense applications. Spectrum Plastics offers a full range of custom design, engineering and fabrication services, as well as meet the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and operates multiple Class 7 and Class 8 clean rooms. For more information, visit www.spgindustries.com, www.spectrumplastics.com or call 404-564-8560.
Medical Component Solutions
Click the image to learn more about Spectrum's comprehensive medical component solutions.